Recent Post

Coffee | History, Process, Benefits and Banned

Puzzle | Self-Written Short Fiction Story





The detective job was left by Aditya but he had nature, although I was right to ask for his help. We hold the man in his car, both of us were sitting inside together with the dog. It was my father that Aditya took his mask. I asked, "Why you do, I am your son." He was in consciousness. Yet with his exhaling voice, I didn't know you he said.

There was strong rainfall. I liked my breakfast and I took up a crossword puzzle for the newspaper. It helps me to develop expression and to come over depression, and I usually solve two puzzles in two separate journals. My mother was working in the kitchen and my dad lived outside the city for official purposes. She packed the tiffin I had just completed half of my puzzle, put on my raincoat, and left the house kept my puzzle cuttings too.

A dog was looking for shelter while waiting for a bus in the queue. Immediately I rushed to carry it with my arms, the winning voice went slowly as I lifted it and gave some scratches wiggling tail leveled to wiggling butt. Put it on a dry surface and let it go. Most of the people stared at me as if I was working in an animal NGO. One lady asked me but I said "no I love to take care of animals more than humans because they have single face what you show them, they show you".That's nice so you love animals said the man next to me. By the time, the bus arrived and I reached the office.

I missed my buddy that day as many of them didn't come that day due to heavy rainfall. So, I began to solve the puzzles I cut before leaving home. The whole day was usually boring, and there was nothing special about this, and this and that, without much meaning. They 're common, like brushing your teeth. I just left the office before time and got home and get refreshed and ate something that my mother cooked and handed me an envelope and said, "A man came at noon and asked to give it to you."
When I opened it, there were several cuttings of crossword puzzles. I didn't list them at sudden. In each puzzle, only one alphabet was mentioned. What man did he know me or any of us, I asked my mother. 
She refuses shaking her head in no and said. "I also didn't know him"
"How could you take anything from a stranger".
"He said he knows you and you love to solve these puzzles I thought you both knew each other"
I've got to be a fool, scattered all the puzzles didn't even think they could be in order. After dinner, I took the envelope to my room and started assembling to make the word sound. It took me a few hours to rearrange ten alphabets, the word Help Killer.

It's almost 2 AM, hard rain and thunder. I heard some walking movement in the muddy garden that unexpectedly rushed to the window and saw a man with a hat and a long raincoat headed to my house. At that time, I thought he had to be the man who gave the envelope. I showed him the crossword puzzle. I can't even see whether he looked or not, it was a dark stormy night with power cuts. I didn't even know he saw it before he left the spot. All night went thinking of that man and the word.

I noticed a second envelope with a newspaper in the morning. Again! Again! That's got to be a crazy mother said. I was afraid to go office and didn't share with my mother about last night. I opened an envelope in my room. Those were half solved crossword puzzles. I don't want to be fooled again so that time didn't spread those just kept one by one like ticking clock. Every ten crossword puzzles had some numerically left spaces by connecting each blank box it showed a number. It took me half-watch to do with one. I had ten-digit assembled numbers. It's got to be a contact number, what I thought, so I dialed it rang, but nobody answered. After a couple of tries, I left both of them at my desk and left for office.

That day wasn't raining actually a pleasant day. Waiting for a bus in the queue the dog came to me, he whined and wiggled his tail, I gave some scratches, and then he left. It had an attraction to me that is why I love animals. In the case of humans, the bond of animals was different from the bond of humans because he would never remember me.

At the office, my eyes were in search of my friend Aditya. We were next to each other, whatever the problem we had, talk to each other. I told him everything about the crossword puzzle. He was surprised and said, "Let me call that number, so I gave him the number, but no one answered. By the time our senior arrived and we began to work. 
During lunchtime, we were discussing what to do seeing me worried Aditya said, "Don't worry I will come to your home after office hour". I exhaled with relaxed. 

I know that Aditya was smart and intelligent. A few years before he was a private detective, he resolved several cases. He was also an undercover investigator of the police department. I knew his secret identity because one day when I unexpectedly entered his room, he put together some police documents. I've come to know about him since that day. He came to my home after working hours. Mother welcomed him asking for water and tea, but I pulled his hand to my room. Don't bother us that we had to work, I told my mother.

It was raining heavily that night. We were talking about the man and the envelopes, and at that time my phone rang with the envelope number. Aditya told me to answer it with an auto record. A man asking me to meet him with my friend two blocks away from my house. I told Aditya he was amazed. Why did I get involved in all the shit he said to me. I requested him to come with me as the man said and he agreed.
We took the parasols and stealthily left the house. We both reached the place where the man said, but nobody was there. Suddenly, a dog's barking was going on constantly, and the masked man hit me and Aditya with a rod from behind. We both fell down. He looked just the same as what I saw outside my window. As the man moved to hit me, the dog jumped to him from beside me, and he fell. Aditya picked up the rod and stabbed the guy three times.

I knew the dog whom I helped that day. He helped me suddenly in exchange. I just love him. The man was unconscious by a hard hit. Help me to lift him up and take him to his car before anyone saw us, Aditya said to me. "How did you know that was his car?" I asked him and he said, "I saw him coming."

He left the detective's work, but he had qualities, and I felt I was right to ask him for help. We both caught the man in his car, and then we all sat inside with the dog. Aditya removed his mask, and it was my father. Until then he was awake and I asked why you do that I am your son. But I didn't know you he said with his exhaling voice.
Another second his phone got a text message that someone asked him to meet at Cold Storage on UK Road. We've just looked at each other like we decided what to do next. Aditya was driving the car to cold storage. 

He asked me, "Did you know about the cold storage," I said, "I heard a little of my mother and father as though they both owned that place in partnership," 
"Okay, so what about this dog?" 
"We just met a few days before I helped him in the rain, that's it." 
"Yeah, so you owe him that's why he helped you in return." 
It was heavy rain and there was very little vision outside that night.

We can't owe animals nor they can owe us, it's just an attraction to each other, I love animals and particularly dogs, whenever I see animals look like they were gifts that describe the term, unconditional love, love means just love they don't judge like people do. Great, I am talking to a true animal lover he replied me with his respectful voice. 

After a few minutes, we reached the cold storage and its lock was open. It must be for your father he said to me. We left the father inside the car by locking the door. It was dim inside plant hardly anyone could see anything. We searched for some clue everywhere with a mobile flashlight on but got nothing. 
Suddenly, the door opened which was just right to me. Then I pointed my flashlight towards the door it was my mother. She asked, "Did you killed both of them". I thought this was because she can't see behind the light. Then Aditya plucked the meter box for the light next to the main entrance. She was in shock when she saw us. Why you wanted to kill us both I asked her. 
She said, "This cold storage plant was owned by you until your father died, and after your death, it will be named after me," "but my father might name it after you if you like," I responded. She laughed and said, "You know nothing, my son." She drugged your father, plotted to kill you by your father, and then she was going to kill him after your death, Aditya smelled it and said it to us. She laughed and said, "You 're a flipping genius, my son, it was a wrong decision to quit that private detective job."
It was a game to know about you like you play. We both live under the same roof that was the reason I found some pills in the drawer.  When I showed them to Aditya, he inspected further and said it was a drug pill. Then he inspected more when you weren't at home after I got the call, those crossword paper cuts were made in your room as he found some pieces of paper under your desk. When I told my mother that she was trapped and couldn't decide what to do.

Around the time the police had arrived, Aditya handed the video clip he had shot in his spy cam. My eyes were watery, and I had no idea how one's mother would do that. Mother's love for her children was the only love that can be believed. We then came out of the plant with the dog and saw my father who seemed to be in good shape and asked why my mother wanted to kill both of us.
One day, your mother, her sister, and I were in a long drive when you were just a little boy who enjoyed living with grandma. So we left you there, and we went for a long drive suddenly we had an accident. I assumed your mother must have died in the accident he said to me. You assumed what do you mean by assumed Aditya asked him and he said, "His mother was twins".

Comments

  1. The twist that unfúrled in the end was unexpected. Good 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent story and write up! Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good story, unexpected ending. Nice one, Ashish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very creative. superb one bro👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice story, well defined 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing story didn't expect ending... It's great to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shocking revelation to know the mother was behind it all. Great story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

In the post that you have got any questions, it would be ideal if you let me know.
Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box.